Le prix du Fish & Chips en UK a doublé a cause du prix de l'énergie et des sanctions contre la Russie Giga lol !

Fish & Chips, Kebab, Pizza, les prix ont fortement augmenté en Angleterre à causedu prix de l'énergie.

The average price for a portion of fish and chips rose more than 50% to nearly £10 in the five years to July – while the cost of a kebab went up 44% and pizza 30%.

But according to Jon, a combination of increased energy and labour costs, sanctions on Russian seafood due to the invasion of Ukraine, and poor potato harvests, have forced fish and chip shops to raise their prices.

The average price of takeaway fish and chips was £9.88 in July this year, according to data from the Office for National Statistics (ONS). That was up by 52% compared with £6.48 in July 2019.
1724700322801.png

La coût de la vie est exhorbitant en Angleterre.
When I went to school as a young child, we still had pounds, shillings and pence, half ps and farthings... it was pretty complicated, 20 shillings to a quid, twelve ps to a shilling, a guiney was 21 shillings (not really official but they used it)...
The everything was simplified to 100 pence per £ and the term shilling disappeared and became 10 p.
Back in the 70s and 80s money was money... i remember a Mars bar cost 2p in 75. A cab from London Heathrow to Sloane Square was £ 3.50, today it is more than £ 50.... Then you never saw £ 50 notes... £ 1 notes was money, they don't even exist anymore:D.

When i was working in London in the mid 80s, I rented a flat in Oakley Street, (just off the Kings Road SW3 if I remember well) a two bedroom for £125 a week it was considered quite expensive at the time, but today the same flat is over £ 500 a week.

But I am sure that the South West like Bath, or Bristol and the South East like Brighton is much cheaper. Where in England are you?

When I went to school as a young child, we still had pounds, shillings and pence, half ps and farthings... it was pretty complicated, 20 shillings to a quid, twelve ps to a shilling, a guiney was 21 shillings (not really official but they used it)...
The everything was simplified to 100 pence per £ and the term shilling disappeared and became 10 p.
Back in the 70s and 80s money was money... i remember a Mars bar cost 2p in 75. A cab from London Heathrow to Sloane Square was £ 3.50, today it is more than £ 50.... Then you never saw £ 50 notes... £ 1 notes was money, they don't even exist anymore:D.

When i was working in London in the mid 80s, I rented a flat in Oakley Street, (just off the Kings Road SW3 if I remember well) a two bedroom for £125 a week it was considered quite expensive at the time, but today the same flat is over £ 500 a week.

But I am sure that the South West like Bath, or Bristol and the South East like Brighton is much cheaper. Where in England are you?
I'm not living in UK right now.

The cost of the life is too high, I will need 3 jobs just for paying a rent, no way, the life is way better in France.

En parlant du prix de l’énergie, il faudrait voir comment les russes ont fait des cibles énergétiques leur priorité :

C'est la plus grande frappe de missiles que nous ayons vue (...) Le fait que cela se passe en plein jour a une raison spécifique, c'est pour montrer à tout le monde, y compris au peuple ukrainien que ces missiles passent réellement.

I'm not living in UK right now.

The cost of the life is too high, I will need 3 jobs just for paying a rent, no way, the life is way better in France.
Well i disagree:D about the quality of life being better in France, I really dislike France and Paris in particular, but that is simply my point of view.. I don't think I would need 3 jobs to cover rent :D, but i agree it has become very very expensive...I remember that different countries were very expensive and now are cheaper than the UK...Finland for example... In 1989 it was extremely expensive, but doay it is much cheaper than the UK.. Switzerland used to be ok but now it is very expensive.. .The US was dirt cheap, now $10.000 is nothing... Portugal still is very cheap... Spain was cheap... until Covid.... now.....:eek:

Well i disagree:D about the quality of life being better in France, I really dislike France and Paris in particular, but that is simply my point of view.. I don't think I would need 3 jobs to cover rent :D, but i agree it has become very very expensive...I remember that different countries were very expensive and now are cheaper than the UK...Finland for example... In 1989 it was extremely expensive, but doay it is much cheaper than the UK.. Switzerland used to be ok but now it is very expensive.. .The US was dirt cheap, now $10.000 is nothing... Portugal still is very cheap... Spain was cheap... until Covid.... now.....:eek:
Come one dont compare Paris with the rest of France.
Let me put that straight, in France we have better food, we have different landscape, beaches, mountains, monuments. We do have social healthcare, we work 35 hours per week, we have 5 weeks off per year + RTT (between 10/20 days a year), we have a lot of working advantages like ''comité d'entreprise'', ''interessement'' and others bonuses, we have unemployment benefit and many others social help in case we lose our job. We get help for paying rent, energy bills..
We pay a lot of taxes but if you compare with UK they pay almost the same as us and they dont get any help from the governement.

UK is like US and Switzerland, it a country for rich people, if you're from middle class or poor you're fucked up.

Anser

Bladinaute averti
Fish & Chips, Kebab, Pizza, les prix ont fortement augmenté en Angleterre à causedu prix de l'énergie.

The average price for a portion of fish and chips rose more than 50% to nearly £10 in the five years to July – while the cost of a kebab went up 44% and pizza 30%.

But according to Jon, a combination of increased energy and labour costs, sanctions on Russian seafood due to the invasion of Ukraine, and poor potato harvests, have forced fish and chip shops to raise their prices.

The average price of takeaway fish and chips was £9.88 in July this year, according to data from the Office for National Statistics (ONS). That was up by 52% compared with £6.48 in July 2019.
Regarde la pièce jointe 395532

Super news!

Les terroristes de l'OTAN ont cru pouvoir détruire la Russie, elle n'a jamais été aussi forte!

Come one dont compare Paris with the rest of France.
Let me put that straight, in France we have better food, we have different landscape, beaches, mountains, monuments. We do have social healthcare, we work 35 hours per week, we have 5 weeks off per year + RTT (between 10/20 days a year), we have a lot of working advantages like ''comité d'entreprise'', ''interessement'' and others bonuses, we have unemployment benefit and many others social help in case we lose our job. We get help for paying rent, energy bills..
We pay a lot of taxes but if you compare with UK they pay almost the same as us and they dont get any help from the governement.

UK is like US and Switzerland, it a country for rich people, if you're from middle class or poor you're fucked up.
n'exagère pas, j'ai donné un avis personnel.. j'aime pas la France... I wouldn't live there for all the gold in china.

Regarde la pièce jointe 395532

Same iincrease everywhere in europe, the kebab reference price is not different in France or Belgium…

n'exagère pas, j'ai donné un avis personnel.. j'aime pas la France... I wouldn't live there for all the gold in china.
Tu as vu quelqu'un te supplier de venir ? La seule compétence que tu as c'est la médisance, la France a besoin de cerveaux pas d'héritiers qui ne savent rien faire tout seul.
Il faut être un minimum raffiné pour apprécier la France. :)