Life in France or life in England?

Which one you prefer, the first or the second one, what are the advantages and the disadvantages of each one of the countries, personally I think that France is more social than England but England is more tolerant and open-minded than France, so what do you think?

I asm french and I feel french but I enjoy more life in the UK even the weather is crap and I miss some stuff from the french way of life ...
Definitely I like living here :langue:

Ok, so why do you prefer life in UK, and what stuff you miss from French why of life? Unless weather of course.

I do prefer in the UK the mentality. the nights out, the work life, the mix of people, the music culture
I dont like the food, the weather :D, the comunitarism, the government

I miss from france some bit of the culture, eating at the restaurant, my friends, the tube, the benefits, the "ticket resto", the health system ...

Espiegle69

Evil Halouf
I do prefer in the UK the mentality. the nights out, the work life, the mix of people, the music culture
I dont like the food, the weather :D, the comunitarism, the government

I miss from france some bit of the culture, eating at the restaurant, my friends, the tube, the benefits, the "ticket resto", the health system ...

In England the relationships between the different ethnical group are more peaceful but there is few interracial couples while in France, there is a strong ethnical resentment but the interracial couples are much more common.

ruby_ghawi

Doctor ès Bitchology
Which one you prefer, the first or the second one, what are the advantages and the disadvantages of each one of the countries, personally I think that France is more social than England but England is more tolerant and open-minded than France, so what do you think?

Life in UK, US, Canada or Germany....But France would really be the last country i'd chose, even russia is above that...Living in France is like living in Iran without the islamic government, but anywayz we all know they have the same rules-_-

Espiegle69

Evil Halouf
Life in UK, US, Canada or Germany....But France would really be the last country i'd chose, even russia is above that...Living in France is like living in Iran without the islamic government, but anywayz we all know they have the same rules-_-

Even Russia is above !!! :eek: Come on !!!

I sincerely hope for you that you don't have a dark skin tone.....

If you are walking in the street of Moscow, you better not cross the path of some skinheads (and they are plenty) cause you might end hanged to a tree with you belly fully opened with a knife....

I understand that you doesn't like France but saying that Russia which is one of the most racist country in the world is better, this is just bad faith..... :rolleyes:

ruby_ghawi

Doctor ès Bitchology
Even Russia is above !!! :eek: Come on !!!

I sincerely hope for you that you don't have a dark skin tone.....

If you are walking in the street of Moscow, you better not cross the path of some skinheads (and they are plenty) cause you might end hanged to a tree with you belly fully opened with a knife....

I understand that you doesn't like France but saying that Russia which is one of the most racist country in the world is better, this is just bad faith..... :rolleyes:

I don't see any difference, if in russia, it's about physical injuries, in france, it's about moral injuries, and these are just both as bad and pityful.

Hey all!

from my personal experience i prefer in hand the quality of french life style and in the orther hand the british system !
system means for me business , mentality...etc
but the top is the southern of USA ...trust me! lool

cheers!

Espiegle69

Evil Halouf
I don't see any difference, if in russia, it's about physical injuries, in france, it's about moral injuries, and these are just both as bad and pityful.

Moral injuries ??

Because the vail is forbidden in school, because sometimes being a muslim is not that easy. OK, OK...

But you are overreacting, you message sounds like living in France is like being in the occupied territories with checkpoints and the constant fear of being shot by a soldier...

I am very critical about France but I prefer living in this country than in any other muslim country...

Try to be christian in Algeria or Saudi Arabia, you will see........

you're right
it's exactly whay you're saying
now tou know

ruby_ghawi

Doctor ès Bitchology
Moral injuries ??

Because the vail is forbidden in school, because sometimes being a muslim is not that easy. OK, OK...

But you are overreacting, you message sounds like living in France is like being in the occupied territories with checkpoints and the constant fear of being shot by a soldier...

I am very critical about France but I prefer living in this country than in any other muslim country...

My point wasn't about religion, but what hits me in France is that they can't accept any differences (and don't get me wrong, we all know they are number one in discriminating for stupid reasons)....The problem is that France claims to be the country of freedom and human rights unlike algeria or saudi arabia:)

Espiegle69

Evil Halouf
My point wasn't about religion, but what hits me in France is that they can't accept any differences (and don't get me wrong, we all know they are number one in discriminating for stupid reasons)....The problem is that France claims to be the country of freedom and human rights unlike algeria or saudi arabia:)

I get your point and I agree (you see I can agree with you :D)

but look :

USA : claims to be the land of freedom (I don't think palestinians and Irakis will agree on this point)

China : claims to be a communist country (with the biggest inequalities in the world)

Saudi Arabia : claims to be the more devoted muslim country in the world (with all the saudi princes going to Morocco so they could drink alcoohol an f*** some prostitutes)

France is not the only one country which say something and do the opposite.

ruby_ghawi

Doctor ès Bitchology
I get your point and I agree (you see I can agree with you )

but look :

USA : claims to be the land of freedom (I don't think palestinians and Irakis will agree on this point)

China : claims to be a communist country (with the biggest inequalities in the world)

Saudi Arabia : claims to be the more devoted muslim country in the world (with all the saudi princes going to Morocco so they could drink alcoohol an f*** some prostitutes)

France is not the only one country which say something and do the opposite.

And this is kinda lame yeah we all know:D

Anyways, since it was about France and UK i was only suggesting that it wouldn't be a good choice (if the author of this thread has to make a choice) and i gave my personal opinion and the reasons why i think living in France is like living in hell:langue:

Thanks for agreeing with me and as you can see i can agree with you too lol

but we must say that france has some advantages

like social life support in medical way
much better than the usa
france has a very famous lands to visit
and wich
relate the past of france and europe

milady

safi 3yyiiiiiiiiiiiiiite
Moral injuries ??

why don't you try to be christian in morocco instead?

I'd rather live in morocco than in France. I lived there, I was supposed to go back for a couple of years, but now I thank God this is NOT happening anymore.

France is heaven for french people, it is hell for everybody else. It is high time the french realise their country is NOT the "attractive" country they think it is.

So England or France?....definitely England.......but I prefer my sweet Canada.

do we actually have anyone here who has lived in both these countries (Fr & UK), I would be very interested in knowing what was he doing on both sides of the channel?

Some real example would be great , rather than repeating what's on the news

for me life is uk is better than in france there is the weather that is little bit annoying but one could not complain though the standard of living is higher in uk

even with the current crisis and credit crunch hitting everyone :)

have you actually live in france and whereabout?

I am asking because after enjoying some times in south of france with friends working there, i can't see what the uk has more to offer. Definitly, quality/price ratio is better in france, with less you can do more and enjoy it

for me life is uk is better than in france there is the weather that is little bit annoying but one could not complain though the standard of living is higher in uk

so exotic the uk whereas france we got used to we share the same manners or almost cause we do not argue about anything moreover we are more generous but in england education is good (mba and masters) , life , progress etc it is worth while

why don't you try to be christian in morocco instead?

I'd rather live in morocco than in France. I lived there, I was supposed to go back for a couple of years, but now I thank God this is NOT happening anymore.

France is heaven for french people, it is hell for everybody else. It is high time the french realise their country is NOT the "attractive" country they think it is.

So England or France?....definitely England.......but I prefer my sweet Canada.

OK, so how is the life cost in Canada when you compare with France, what is the average salary for an engineer in Canada? what is an apartment rental price? The health system is it identical to France's one...

People back home still think france is the center of the universe....I would rather stick to the UK thank you, france what france? you must be having a giggle!

Wow France really gets a lot of hate here. :eek:

On the other hand many people really choose the Uk over France.
All my friends who moved to London or brighton don't even think about moving back to France.
If the Uk would have the climate as Southern France, i would definitely try moving there !

But for those who live in England is there like a BIG difference between life in London and life in England in general ?

Espiegle69

Evil Halouf
Wow France really gets a lot of hate here. :eek:

On the other hand many people really choose the Uk over France.
All my friends who moved to London or brighton don't even think about moving back to France.
If the Uk would have the climate as Southern France, i would definitely try moving there !

But for those who live in England is there like a BIG difference between life in London and life in England in general ?

London is quite fun to live, more than Paris anyway but regarding the country, I always found that except for scotland, the british fellowcountry men are just disgusting...