Saints de Marrakech #4 : Sidi Youssef Ben Ali, un érudit affecté aux chevets des lépreux

Very touching story. I went to Al Hara many times with Ahmed B. Very interesting neighborhood. It changed for the better nowdays.

1. Ahmed B. lived there with his parents .... His father was a Fqih who lost his eyesight.
2. Ahmed B. spent a lot of time in our house. He was older than me and my older sister.
He would take me to the movies during Eid ...... La Karima took good care of him. God Bless Her.
She bought him school supplies, clothes ... .... and made sure he was doing ok at school. ....
3. Like I said, I went with Ahmed many times to his house in El Hara. Ahmed was always proud to introduce me
to the neighbors ... Interesting Ahmed B. Hardworking .... He did alright.
4. This is an interesting one. When I was a kid I hear my Mom telling him that she need the Fqih to do some "magic stuff".
God Bless Her. She was into that when needed. I guess
. I was too young to understand what was going on.

Happy Big Brother GIF by MOODMAN

5. Another interesting thing. Ahmed's Mom breastfed my little sister Soubha. Ahmed called her his little sister. She was his favorite. Still is.
6. Also there was this girl that lived in El Hara. Her name was Meriem. Meriem was beautiful. A little bit older than me.

Sad Television GIF by The Village

7. Next to Ahmed's house which was small but big enough for him, his older brother Khalil and their parents.
Not bad at all. But right next to them there was this very old lady. She lived in what appears to be like a cave
with a small door
. She had no windows. She would open the door sometimes and I would be there and she would
look at me strangely. Ahmed told me not to worry. So I did not worry. I was actually happy to see her.
She must have lived by herself. I never seen anyone in there. And it was pretty small and very dark.
One has to really bend down to enter her little place. ... Very sad.

Sad Black And White GIF