Your favorite us president

Southpaw

Rebel without a Cause
Not bad.

He saved the world from a nuclear war and he died before becoming unpopular...
His brother Robert Kennedy got Marilyn Monroe killed by pills given to her cause JFK was fucking her while married to Jacqueline Kennedy and in the White House.
By the way, I went to the same junior high school he went to and lived right across the street from the house he was born.
It's a museum now.
Brookline junior high school.

But Bill was fortunate enough to ride on the golden age of America, just between the collapse of USSR and 9/11... in addition, there was sustained economic growth and a technological revolution (Internet).

These tow factors you mentioned may have contributed to Bill Clinton good presidency but they are not the main ones. Bill Clinton was good president ,in my view, primarily because of his taxes policies, the creation of employment ( the unemployment was to the lowest it has been in 30 years), the highest home ownership rate, affordable education along with the promotion of peace. Among many other good things.

etre2en1

intersex people are cool
VIB
Obama is romantic.
He kisses well and dances divinely.
Bush jr is comical but .....
He was more fun when he was a party animal.

Clinton is hot, a bad boy.
JF Kennedy was charismatic.
Reagan was cool as president, his best acting role.

Trump is just ridiculous.

DiamondBlaze

Family Over Everything
VIB
Yet the effectiveness of his New Deal was questionable. What really lifted the US out of the depression was the war.

But yes, he did a great job against the forces of evil!!

Notwithstanding the challenges that he faced, he accomplished so much that he ended up serving more than 2 terms, which is longer than any other American president. Also without him the American worker would have been stripped of any safety net (such as social security.......). As far as his foreign policy, he brought about the UN (as imperfect as it now is), had to achieve the delicate balance between fighting Nazism and containing Stalinism (to the dismay of Winston Churchill). Even someone like Stalin had a soft spot for him ..

http://www.csmonitor.com/Books/Book...risingly-warm-relationship-of-an-unlikely-duo

Not only did he have that good aura about him but he was also well ahead of his time.

To sum it up, I just can't get enough of learning about him :love:

DiamondBlaze

Family Over Everything
VIB
But Bill was fortunate enough to ride on the golden age of America, just between the collapse of USSR and 9/11... in addition, there was sustained economic growth and a technological revolution (Internet).

You seem to have good judgment... Now tell us who your favorite US president is and why ? :)

Ebion

Ça a l'air que je suis l'esclave da partida
VIB
You seem to have good judgment... Now tell us who your favorite US president is and why ? :)

Hullo,

I don't really know... I know that Carter has become something of a humanist, but apparently, his record as a president is questionable.

Actually, I don't have clear memories of US presidents before Clinton (I was born in the 80s). The rest I have learned in history books or in conversations with Americans...

It would be facile to answer Obama, as he is certainly the kind of guy I would have as my neighbor or mayor or teacher. He appeared to be wise in his thoughtful and inspiring speeches, good-hearted, concerned about the future of the world, green, and empathetic (see how he was personally broken by the multiple shootings to take place during his terms). But of course, he had dark sides, like his unholy dealings with Snowden and the NSA or his dismal failure in Syria and Irak, or his hawkish stance toward Russia (but ***** is even more hawkish than he was). He also failed to improve the rights of Cubans despite trying a new approach.

Clinton might be a better choice as a manager, but as a man, I think he is outmatched by Obama. And as I said, he was blessed with easier times.

Philosophically, I feel close to Jefferson, but I am disappointed with his condonation of slavery (reportedly, he dimly felt that there was a problem there).

Bernie Sanders certainly looked promising. It's so sad that he lost to Clinton, because he certainly would have defeated Trump!! The Establishment of his party pushed him out, but he had the support of the people, who strongly disliked Hillary and were suspicious about Trump!