What ethnicity do you get often mistaken for having?

Salams all,
I know that we Moroccans are pretty much a rare find in North America, except of course Montreal and other few American big metropols. But if you are like me lost in some other place in North America where Moroccans are scarce, then what ethnicity do you often get mistaken for having? And how does it make you feel?
I often get the 'are you Iranian?' one ....I have no clue why?!!! I don't even know how iranians look like! How about you guys? which one do you get often?

ruby_ghawi

Doctor ès Bitchology
i was told lots of arabic people were mistaken by mexican :D

personally, i don't live in usa, but i often get the "are you pakistani" or "are you sudanese/somali/..." :eek:

ruby_ghawi

Doctor ès Bitchology
thats true! they really loOk like each other!

personaly, people thinks sometimes that am bresilian or spanish :
nevertheless i dont have big boobs MDRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

you wish LOL

well brasilians are quite breastless in my opinion, they have big butts and like to show it with brasilian thongs :D

don't think i'm telling you by supposition that you have a big butt:D

this topic is drifting away ladies ;)

as for the question i am always mistaken for an arab :D actually whatever origin they believe i am from, i just concur.

iranians are fair and often have very dark hair

your mistaken my sweetheart! i have a little crazy sexy butt :rouge:

okay now I really think we are drifting away from the topic....can we keep it clean and to the point please? Thanks in advance.

For the Mexican one, yes that's true too. When my brother lived in the states, he often was taken for a hispanic. Once he replied to some customer saying to him 'Gracias' with 'Granada granada'

For me this iranian label will make me research my origins cuz its just too much occurences for me.

And Ruby Gawi, if you are dark skinned, maybe that's why they think you're paki or somalian...

ruby_ghawi

Doctor ès Bitchology
your mistaken my sweetheart! i have a little crazy sexy butt :re:

how can we check that out?:D

And Ruby Gawi, if you are dark skinned, maybe that's why they think you're paki or somalian...

yeah i'm tanned, but in my whole life people never thought i was moroccan, it's just that i don't look "moroccanable" i guess, but when i'm in morocco, people never mistake me for sthg else...

I'm not really fit to answer this question i've only been to Miami for Three months last year. People didn't seem to make a lot of remarks about my ethnicity, But mostly i've been confused with Mexicans/Cubans, some actually thought i was ashamed to speak Spanish because i didn't want them to know i'm latino LOL. One girl thought i was Lebanese.
I almost always recognize Moroccans when im abroad, but i remember i've mistaken some Moroccans for Latinos or Black Africa

i've never been in america,but i've a friend who used to study there and one day he was caught in a suspicious house and brought to the police station. before they questioned him, the officer told his collegue to bring that mexican interpreter.

Salams all,
I know that we Moroccans are pretty much a rare find in North America, except of course Montreal and other few American big metropols. But if you are like me lost in some other place in North America where Moroccans are scarce, then what ethnicity do you often get mistaken for having? And how does it make you feel?
I often get the 'are you Iranian?' one ....I have no clue why?!!! I don't even know how iranians look like! How about you guys? which one do you get often?
Italian, Spanish, Greek
And sometimes Israeli

Pirouettete

杜妮娅
Salams all,

cuban or brazilian. It makes me smile: those people at least recognize my african roots.

Salams all,
Moroccans are rare find?
are you for real dude?
Moroccans are everywhere in North America, there are more than 20,000 Moroccans in Montreal alone.

Moroccans are rare find?
are you for real dude?
Moroccans are everywhere in North America, there are more than 20,000 Moroccans in Montreal alone.
'
I did say "except of course Montreal and other few American big metropols" (like chicago, boston, newyork city...). And let me tell you, I've been living here for 15 years and compared to other Arab nationalities, I've never found more than a handfull of Moroccans living in any city I've been too, excluding those I mentioned above. So yes in my opinion that is a rare find...dude.