While applying to a job offer...

Hey everyone;

I just want to know what you usually write as an answer to this ultimate question : "What differenciates you from the other candidates ?" while applying to a job posting in a certain company ..
I didn't want to write anything as I consider it as a trick question . It would be more interesting to get your feedbacks about it first :)

Thanks

Tazana

VIB
Hey everyone;

I just want to know what you usually write as an answer to this ultimate question : "What differenciates you from the other candidates ?" while applying to a job posting in a certain company ..
I didn't want to write anything as I consider it as a trick question . It would be more interesting to get your feedbacks about it first :)

Thanks

Dear Lamiss88,

The interviewer wants you to tell him why are your the most suitable applicant for the job offer.
Therefore you have to answer like this :
«Mr or Mrs, I do understand what your company needs. You are looking for someone who is able to ...etc... ". And you pick up the words meaning qualities in the offer and you justify it following your experience.

Is it enough clear for you?

Hopkins

Problem Child
Hey everyone;

Thanks

Hello,

what's the job's description ? what are they looking for?

Dear Lamiss88,

The interviewer wants you to tell him why are your the most suitable applicant for the job offer.
Therefore you have to answer like this :
«Mr or Mrs, I do understand what your company needs. You are looking for someone who is able to ...etc... ". And you pick up the words meaning qualities in the offer and you justify it following your experience.

Is it enough clear for you?

I got your point .. and you're totally right . that's how I should start answering but I'm only at the beginning of my professionnal career so gotta find smtg else to improve them rather than talking abt my experience ...

milady

safi 3yyiiiiiiiiiiiiiite
ok here is the job description including the qualifications they're looking for :

Job Description

Graduate Marketing (PSG)-571617

Description

•Support deployment of the marketing plan within country utilizing approved Campaigns developed by the responsible marketing organization
•Support trade marketing initiatives
•Provide country feedbacks to marketing manager about all key marketing dimensions, customer facing promotional materials and internal content
• Learning complete HP portfolio of technologies and solutions and working in cooperation with internal teams to complete routine tasks
• Applying standard policy on total customer experience for following up on customer questions and requests
• Working collaboratively with management to drive promotion campaigns, marketing programs and sales initiatives.
• Building customer confidence in HP's remote or direct sales capabilities.
• Building and maintaining solid customer relations that protects or expands HP's Installed base.

Qualifications

• Marketing Degree
• Language Skills: fluent in Both English and French
• Interpersonal skills: The ability to work well with people
• Flexibility: Capable of adjusting to rapid change
• Team Player: Willing to be a collaborative and to be a reliable team member
• Analytical Abilities: Possessing an eye for detail
• Communication: Having the ability to communicate clearly and confidently in an international environment
• Commitment: The dedication to achieve goals and being result-oriented
• Personality: Possessing an attitude fueled with positive-thinking

Hope it wasn't too long ; )

Apart from the degree requirement (which you can prove with you diploma), everything else is "personality", and that you can easy "che33er" about it :D
You should use these points and turn them into your own qualification description, with a little bit of story to make it a sum.

Ex: Through my recent internship at ..., I had the opportunity to be part of a dynamic team that taught me the value of team work, and the importance of a positive attitude. I also strongly believe that the personal gratification of a work well done should be the strongest motivation to the commitment one can show to his work....

you can also add something about being an "initiative taker" with a good sense of ethics and work values.

something like this ;)

Tazana

VIB
I got your point .. and you're totally right . that's how I should start answering but I'm only at the beginning of my professionnal career so gotta find smtg else to improve them rather than talking abt my experience ...

Have you been through a training period during your scholarship?

Therefore you can use anecdotes from these experiences.

Apart from the degree requirement (which you can prove with you diploma), everything else is "personality", and that you can easy "che33er" about it :D
You should use these points and turn them into your own qualification description, with a little bit of story to make it a sum.

Ex: Through my recent internship at ..., I had the opportunity to be part of a dynamic team that taught me the value of team work, and the importance of a positive attitude. I also strongly believe that the personal gratification of a work well done should be the strongest motivation to the commitment one can show to his work....

you can also add something about being an "initiative taker" with a good sense of ethics and work values.

something like this

Thanks a lot for your interesting explanation .. it looks easier now to answer :D